Phlebotomy Course Details
Level : Beginner
Price : £499 (VAT included)
Duration of Course : 4 hours
CPD Hours : 4 hours
Theory Hours : 8 hours
Lunch / Refreshments included*
This course is designed for non-medics/medical professionals.
It is not necessary that you require a medical background or have any experience in this field as all training will be provided to ensure you are confident and competently taking blood from clients
Non-medics must hold an NVQ level 3 in Beauty Therapy (Facials), BABTAC, CIBTAC, CIDESCO or be a Dental Therapist/Hygienist.
- Understand the professional and legal issues surrounding venepuncture/phlebotomy.
- Understand venous anatomy and suitability of vessels for venepuncture.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of vein selection criteria.
- Awareness of available equipment: vacuumed systems, ‘butterflies’ etc.
- Practical workshop – instruction, supervision, hints and tips.
- Demonstration of safe and competent procedure.
- Understand the common complications, e.g. haematoma, extravasation, needlestick injury etc.
- Awareness of practical steps to minimise risks to the patient and member of staff.
Our Phlebotomy training course aims to provide a comprehensive review of the venipuncture procedure, including equipment and supplies, safety and infection control, and specimen handling and processing. You will learn about anatomy and physiology of the veins and the techniques required for safe and effective venipuncture for the process of blood sampling. The course will develop your all the necessary skills to perform basic and advanced venipuncture safely, while minimizing the risk of pre-analytical errors.
We provide live models for all of our training courses, but delegates are more than welcome to put forward their own models as case studies.
Working closely alongside our insurance company we are able to assist you in gaining insurance for all courses offered here at PURE academy.
The price for the Phlebotomy Course is £499 including VAT. A 50% non-refundable booking fee is required to secure your place and we will send you the full pre study manual. If you would like to attend more workshops to update or refresh your skills this can be arranged at a highly discounted price.
For course dates contact Pure Skin Clinic on 01482 647685 or Email email@example.com
On completion of your Phlebotomy course you will receive a fully CPD accredited certificate on Phlebotomy.
*Lunch – if you have any dietary requirements/restrictions please contact us prior to your course.